- Meredith likes to push her kid brother around.
- She plays the innocent when called on her behavior.
- She gets bored easily.
- Robin feels compelled to horn in on whatever his big sister is doing.
- Robin can't quite speak English normally yet.
- They both have entitlement issues.
Nor would it occur to him to ask someone like April who does know his children what they're like. He thought he knew them based on when they were getting along. That is a horribly silly thing to think. If you want to know what someone is really like, see what he or she is like when things aren't all sunshine. He's just now getting to know what his kids are like and what he sees disheartens him. Given how he always folds under pressure, he won't ever want to do this again because he hates things that take effort. I'd say that he would try to see if he could park them in daycare so he could get a job and escape the horror that is dealing with kids.