- Mike and his family escape a fire more or less unharmed so that they may strong-arm John and Elly into giving them the Pattermanse.
- Mike being handed an amazingly generous advance out of the blue giving him the money to do it.
- A non-entity like Anthony actually getting to procreate.
- A wedding dress being in astonishingly good condition just waiting to be worn by Elizabeth.
- The Patterson children not ending up in the pediatric ICU given how stupid their parents are.
- A woman just happening to vacate a job in the city so Liz can be in Milborough to land her
- Mike not being sued for his cowardly depature from Portrait Magazine.
This is because in the Declining Years, Lynn has dispensed with having things make sense, prefering instead to rely on miracles to make her plot work. The result is that we wound up having to look at nasty people who do impossible things.