- April's garage band breaking up so she concentrate on her studies with the understanding that she will eventually marry her Twoo Wuv Gerald.
- Michael becoming a best selling author worried about becoming too big for his britches.
- Deanna balancing a career and motherhood.
- Liz and Anthony settling down to more or less become the new Elly and John.
- Jim and Iris spending their last years in an assisted living facility.
- John and Elly seeing Jim's poor health as a reminder that one day, one of them will have to take care of the other.
Since she gave herself an extra year, she had to find some way to force people's story lines back to the conclusion she'd decided on. To that end, we had the business last spring where April and Gerald had a spat over his touring with Evil Becky, the Blood Cargo ego-fest and more strips with Dee being gobsmacked. This is also why Jim had a second stroke. That way, his health problems would still be fresh in people's minds so they could believe in Lynn's attempts to revisit the recent past just as much as they do her rehashing the distant past.