- He takes high-tech toys for granted.
- He does not do chores.
- He's high maintenance what with his huge feet and big appetite.
- He is unmoved by Jimi Hendrix or Janis Joplin.
- He sleeps a lot.
- He's girl crazy.
- He drives like he's behind the wheel of the Batmobile.
- Finally, he finds his parents annoying jerks he can't wait to get away from.
That last one seems to make the most sense to yours truly; that's because I remember another ugly truth that maketh Thing One and Thing Two stop up their ears and go "La-la-la-la, I can't hear you". That horrible, awful, evil truth they don't have the guts to face is that Jeremy isn't, after all, evil as much as he's the end result of parental incompetence that's nothing short of criminal.