- Why is it that of all the people she'd dated over the years, she wound up marrying the boorish frat-rat momma's-boy who still doesn't really take her concerns as seriously as he should?
- Is she pulling our legs when she talks about how freezer calories don't count?
- Is she ever going to realize that her life would be even simpler if she stopped worrying about her figure and threw that idiotic Dieter's Journal in the trash where it belongs?
- Is her mother ever going to acknowledge that her obvious affection for her only child can be overwhelming?
- Will people ever stop pressuring her to have the kids she knows that she probably wouldn't be good at raising?
- Is her idiot husband ever going to admit that when she says that it isn't at all fair or right that he doesn't have to do nearly as much to get ready to go out, he shouldn't respond with smug wisecracks?
- Why is it that all the officious, unsympathetic, obstructive saleswomen in her home town look like a Bokanovsky group from Huxley's Brave New World?
- Will her mother-in-law ever use her first name?
Cathy: the unanswered questions...
What people like me fail to mention when we criticize Elly for being an insensitive clod who can't allow herself to believe that Liz isn't a horrible…
As we know, Elly does not want to admit that she married John as part of a plan to land herself a man and prove her mother wrong because she doesn't…
As you know by now, I think that most of the problems Elly makes for herself and others are based on her inability to quite understand what an adult…