- The first reason appeared almost immediately in the form of Liz and her stupidly-run love life; most, if not all, of April's problems might have gone away if she had a real bedroom to call her own instead of inhabiting a waste space whose privacy no one respected. That was a non-starter because her older sister used her break-up as an excuse to camp out in her parents' house and act like the spoiled, ignorant, selfish teenager her idiot father only thought April was.
- Speaking of John, nothing will ever really convince the fool that April had a legitimate grievance; this is owing to his not wanting or being able to see himself from someone else's perspective. Since he doesn't know that he looks like a childish clod cowering in a shed while plotting to throw his family under the bus so he can build a train set he won't let other people play with, he has no idea why April objected to the move.
- Besides, he and Elly have so much invested in the implausible scenario of her somehow making such a dramatic scene (because that's what teenagers do) that their enemies would swoop down and stop the Housening dead in its tracks, they never bothered taking her down to the Tiny Train House so as to calm her down. To do that would risk Mike and Deanna being enslaved by Mira's family politics so that can't possibly have happened.
- Mike and Deanna were of no real help on that score either; Mike had his head wedged and Deanna needed her to sit for her so it's not like she could just nip down, take a look-see and figure out where in Elly's sewing room a twin bed could fit.
- This, of course, is assuming that she'd wanted to; that's because she had the only legitimate concern. She knew that the second she crossed the threshold, she'd be publicly shamed into acting against her own best interests and admitting something she knew to be a lie.
How April lost the Housening: A reminder.
The irritating thing about having to remember the mess the Pattersons kept making of their love lives until they settled down with the safe person…
The interesting thing about this Summer's transformation from Dirt Of The Earth Michael to The Delicate Genius is that over the years, Michael is…
The irritating thing about John's breezy assumption that it's safe to leave April at the tender mercies of his idiot son is that he doesn't really…