- First off, the whole thing is due to the Pattersons being too stupid to make sure that he doesn't wander off of their property. I don't like it when I see real dogs roaming the streets causing mischief or wandering into oncoming traffic so I sure don't like seeing it in the real world.
- What makes me angrier is the stupid excuse Lynn offers us. It seems to me that she sincerely believes that since precautions do not have a one hundred percent rate of success, they need not be taken at all.
- I also don't much like it that her defenders can't see that. What they see is a woman who says 'Shit happens to the best of us', not someone who says 'Since shit happens to the best of us, we should take no steps to prevent it.'
- They also don't understand something that Lynn makes a point of explaining: the fact that she chose the disease because it sounded funny. We remember that Lynn's thought-processes involved giving the poor animal a ridiculous and grotesque disease to highlight her belief that dogs are filthy and stupid and comical. They don't and they won't.
- The coda to the sequence is just as annoying as the 'Farley gets hurt because his owners are stupid' nonsense that came before. That's because Lizzie plays sick because she thinks that Farley is everyone's favorite forever. Sure, a three year old would make that leap of illogic but what bothers me is that none of them ever outgrew thinking that because someone is getting a bit of extra kindness, it must have been taken from them.
What really bothers me is that nothing is learned from this. It's like the Sunday strip that had Lizzie thought-bubble about being told to find something else to do in that no matter how many times Farley gets hurt because they don't think, they don't think.