- He finds himself in a situation where he feels isolated and insecure.
- Another child smells blood in the water and makes a lying promise of friendship if Mike will do just one little thing.
- Mike, who's starved for attention at home because John hates dealing with kids when he can't have fun and Elly has poor time management skills, agrees to do so.
- Mike does the deed but since he's not very bright, gets caught red-handed.
- He stands there baffled as his 'friend' goes full-on Pontius Pilate on him.
- He wonders why he always gets into trouble when other kids do worse things.
How this relates to the garbage gastritis arc is that Elly never questions her witless belief that everyone else reacts to a situation as she would. Just as Mike never seems to be able to admit that he hasn't got a clue as to how the world really works, Elly tends to think "HUM!! If I were Farley, I would stay in the yard. Therefore, I don't really need to take steps to keep him there."