- "I am a very short-tempered man who lashes out with very little provocation."
- "I think that people weaker than I am deserve to be punished for 'allowing' themselves to be weak."
- "I hate to ask myself why I believe what I believe because I would rather not face the fact that I don't actually know anything."
- "I think that while my parents were obliged to take care of me, my children are also obliged to take care of me."
- "I am the only person whose opinion can be said to matter."
- "I don't honestly care what other people think or feel about what I do."
- "I believe that women are asking for it when they dress provocatively."
- "Being told what to do by my mother because my father slept all day has left me with a life-long fear and hatred of women and a knee-jerk need to undermine them."
- "I live in fear of the day when I am helpless because just as I don't really bother helping people in trouble, no one will come to my aid."
- "I need to believe in fixed gender roles and other stereotypes because otherwise, my inability to understand why people do what they do would leave me totally lost as to what's really going on."
John and the impostor in the mirror.
The irritating thing about watching John trying to get his kids to do chores is having to remember a rather nasty little Declining Years Sunday…
You will no doubt have noticed that I've fixated on that very early strip in which everyone's in a bad mood because that boorish infant John has to…
As I said yesterday, John's major malfunction is the fact that he doesn't want to do much to earn his big cookie and that he confuses monotony and…