- "I have a very hard time understanding why people do what they do."
- "I don't really like the idea of finding out what's really going on because that would raise the possibility that I'm to blame for what's happening."
- "I don't like being held accountable for screwing up."
- "I think that everyone who disagrees with me is trying to destroy me because otherwise, I'd just be another person."
- "I will probably not be the big, important person I would love to be."
- "Being an ordinary person who dies a relatively anonymous death isn't a horror too bleak to contemplate."
- "I think that if I plead and threaten and cajole in just the right way, I can work miracles."
- "I also think that I can change the past and have the childhood I would have liked to have had if I do something just the right way."
- "I find it hard to feel empathy for the children in my life because I find it hard to get to know people."
- "I really don't like doing anything that takes real effort over extended periods of time."
- "Change scares me because it's a reminder that I am not really in charge of the situation like I'd like to be."
- "When I talk about people crushing me down, that's because I have a desire to run the world like a scab foreman."
- "I am filled with envy, jealousy, rage and greed."
Elly and the impostors.
As I reminded you, Elly seems to have been labouring under the misapprehension that John would react violently to having his car smashed by a moron…
To continue on with yesterday, it's fairly obvious that John might not especially want to have to remember why Elly doesn't like to share much. The…
Of course, the ultimate example of people not really communicating especially well would have to be John and Elly themselves. While at first blush,…