- "I am not an especially generous or forgiving person."
- "I really don't like looking at things from other people's perspective because I believe that only my point of view matters."
- "While I pay lip service to gender equality, I really wish to be dominated by a brutish thug."
- "The reason that I hate my parents is that despite their occasional fights, they actually respect one another; since I idolize John because he's incapable of respect and admire Elly for being the broken-down wretch I wish to be, I can't admit that my parents are better people than the Pattersons."
- "I think that my children are merely extensions of my will and the odd and unfair need they seem to have for stimulation and attention is an evil thing meant to complicate my life."
- "I don't want to understand how incredibly damaged and unhappy Michael is because that would mean that the Pattersons are the sort of terrible people my parents say they are."
- "I think that my made-up suffering entitles me to boss people around."
Deanna and the impostors.....
What a lot of people who follow the strip kind of don't remember because we were too busy watching Mike be a lousy boyfriend and Elly angsting…
I think that it's fair to say that up until now, Martha has taken most of the initiative in her doomed relationship with Michael. If that passive…
As I said last time, the reason we never see Molly or Gayle again is that Lynn decided that at twelve years of age, Michael was finally old enough a…